Saturday 28 October 2017

Havana Sunsets & Sunrises

Life is pretty busy at the moment, so I thought I'd take a moment to sit back, relax and enjoy the sunsets and sunrises of Havana, Cuba!

One of the things keeping me busy, has been the unexpected honour of being asked to exhibit some of my Cuba photos. Our local library often asks local people to either highlight our local area or their talents. Unbeknownst to me the library had been following my Instagram account for a while. 

The hard part is selecting just 33 pics from the 1000+ plus options!
If you have had a particular favourite shot from any of my previous Cuba posts, please let me know in the comments.

But for now, please enjoy the sunsets and sunrises from the roof top and our room in the Capri Hotel.



The Edificio Fosca is an unmistakable outline on the Havana skyline.
Built in the 1950's, it is now listed as one of the seven modern engineering wonders of Cuba.
sadly it is in a state of disrepair, with vultures nesting in the upper floors.
Apparently it is being renovated, but we didn't see many lights or much action inside.











This post is part of Saturday Snapshot.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your exhibit at the library. I've enjoyed all your photos, and I can understand how it would be difficult to narrow the collection down to just 33. I guess my favorites were the ones showing colorful buildings and old cars, but I also liked shots of the people. Good luck with putting together your presentation!
    My Saturday Snapshot post features a visit to Carpinito Bros. Pumpkin Patch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra - you've confirmed what Mr Seasons suggested about old cars and colourful buildings. I haven't got as many people shots as I'm always conscious of other's privacy.

      Delete
  2. What an honor to have your photos exhibited! I can't wait to see which ones you choose. Maybe you can photograph your photograph exhibit.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/10/little-free-libraries.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. to have your own exhibition is fun. I have had two so I know how hard it is to chose the photos to share :)
    Good luck with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous sunrises and sunsets - as if all the other beauty on the island wasn't enough!

    Thanks for sharing -

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete

I know that blogger comments can be a pain, but I do love to hear from you. Please log onto a google account to make it as easy as possible.

All spam & anonymous comments will be deleted and comment moderation is in place for most posts.