Sunday 27 October 2013

Picnic at Hanging Rock

My Saturday Snapshot is a little late this week as we've been away for the weekend.
Whilst driving along I was wondering what pics I would share with you this time.

And my decision?
...is based purely on cross-promotion this week!

My other blog, Brona's Books, is hosting the inaugural AusReading Month in November.
The idea is to read Australian classics throughout the month of November, blog about them and link your posts back to the master post that will be up on the 1st November.

In preparation for AusReading Month I have been highlighting Australian classics that I've read over the years. On Friday I chose, Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay.
Although the story is entirely fictional, there is actually a Hanging Rock in Victoria.

In Jan 2007 we visited Hanging Rock on a family holiday. I wish I owned a white dress!

Today's photo's are from our explorations of the rock on another hot, summer's day...minus the pan flute music.







3 comments:

  1. Oh, how magical! I am reminded of the Ents in Lord of the Rings ... your hanging rock looks like the base of the trunk of HUGE tree whose trunk has broken down and rotted away over the ages ... chills just thinking of being there and exploring the site ... and ... are there other of these rock formations in the vicinity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that area of Victoria well enough, but I think Hanging Rock is pretty unique. Looking through the gap between the rocks in the last pic you just side wide open plains below...

      Delete
  2. I feel like Dr. Seuss must have visited Australia and based some of his drawings on it. Terrific photos. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete

I know that blogger comments can be a pain, but I do love to hear from you. Please log onto a google account to make it as easy as possible.

All spam & anonymous comments will be deleted and comment moderation is in place for most posts.