Saturday 15 June 2013

Housekeeping

I've been noticing a lot of chatter about the supposed demise of Google Friends Connect.

I decided to research it a little to see what I could find out.

So far, it seems that the Google Reader has gone. But you can still view the blogs that you're following in your blog roll reading list.

Also non-blogspot folk cannot use Google Friends Connect any longer. But those of us with Blogger/Blogspot are fine.

If you're concerned about losing your GFC followers from non-blogger sites you can try adding bloglovin' or linky followers. Google is also keen for everyone to use their Google + options.

Linky looks like getting left behind now that bloglovin' is on the scene.

I created a bloglovin' account this weekend. It was easy. You can import the blogs that you already follow straight into their set-up. You can link multiple blogs to your account and the home page acts just like google reader did.

I hope that clears up some of the confusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know that blogger comments can be a pain, but I do love to hear from you. Please log onto a google account to make it as easy as possible.

All spam & anonymous comments will be deleted and comment moderation is in place for most posts.