Monday 6 August 2012

Could this be Spring?

Come August, I begin searching for signs that the worst of the cold weather is behind us. I will take hope from the smallest signs.

I watch anxiously as buds appear on trees and bushes, trying to will them into life and blossom as soon as possible.

I delight in the wattle that suddenly brightens up roadside verges throughout Sydney and along the highways.

At this time of year I become intimately aware of every single plant in my small garden as I watch it for new growth, counting buds as they appear.




And I'm always grateful that I have planned ahead with plants that enjoy flowering over the colder months, so that my small garden always has something in flower.

The magpies also seem to enjoy my garden at this time of year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know that blogger comments can be a pain, but I do love to hear from you. Please log onto a google account to make it as easy as possible.

All spam & anonymous comments will be deleted and comment moderation is in place for most posts.