Monday 6 August 2012

Bill's Everyday Asian by Bill Granger

I have a new love.

His name is Bill.


Bill Granger.
It was love at first sight.

Just look at the cover of the book, then imagine every second page with similiar mouthwatering, pretty pictures....what's not to love!




I had been eyeing this book off for ages, but it wasn't until a friend pointed out the brief methods for each recipe that I finally succumbed and bought it.



Over the past few months I've enjoyed browsing through the pages imagining what I would cook.

I have now cooked 6 of the recipes (including the two photographed below) to much acclaim from husband and children alike.




Cashew & Chicken Curry with naan












Fish baked in a bag with lime butter and potatoes


The fact that little ol' me can make my dishes look almost exactly like the beautiful, artistic photographs in Bill's book is very satisfying and gratifying.

We also highly recommend the chicken and mushroom croquettes - we ate them too fast to take a photo! The children were completely unaware they were eating mushrooms and even asked for seconds :-)

Happy eating

1 comment:

  1. I have most of bill's books, but not this one. I've made a few of his recipes, and am still enamoured of his banana porridge.

    ReplyDelete

I know that blogger comments can be a pain, but I do love to hear from you. Please log onto a google account to make it as easy as possible.

All spam & anonymous comments will be deleted and comment moderation is in place for most posts.